- With Direct-Stop-Technology
- Does not drip, with suckback effect
- Easy and clean to use
- Super fast and extremely strong
- Dishwasher proof and water resistant
- Ideal for small-area bonds (not suitable for large-area bonds). Glues almost all solid and flexible materials such as leather, many plastics such as rigid PVC (polyvinyl chloride), ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, shock-resistant styrene), PS (polysterene), acrylic resin (Plexiglas®), polycarbonate (Makrolon®), phenolic resins (Bakelite®), porcelain, ceramics, wood, metal, cork, felt, cloth (test suitability first), rubber.
- Only partly suitable for glass (over a period of time the bond becomes brittle, causing it to weaken).
Do not use at temperatures below +10°C. The glue responds best to an air humidity level of 50-70%.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives harden extremely quickly in the presence of moisture (such as air humidity, moisture in the skin, perspiration, skin sebum, tears). Care must therefore be taken during use, particularly as regards children and contact with the skin and eyes. But even without treatment, cyanoacrylate adhesives dissolve naturally with time.
Materials to be glued should be clean, dry, free of dust and grease and well-fitting.
Preliminary surface treatment
- Any dust, oil, grease, wax or separating agent should therefore be thoroughly removed from the surfaces to be stuck together. The best way to achieve this is to rub the parts a number of times with appropriate solvents, such as acetone (if this is suitable for the material – check first!).
- For metals and metal alloys it is usually sufficient to roughen the surface using emery paper or by grinding or brushing.
Handling of packaging
- To pierce the membrane, turn the whole cap clockwise firmly onto the tube. Unscrew the cap to reveal applicator – ready!
- Do not press the tube while piercing.
Directions for use
- Apply the glue directly from the tube, using the nozzle, as thinly as possible onto one side (too much glue slows down the curing process significantly!).Press parts together immediately. Depending on the applied amount of glue and the material the glue polymerizes within 60 seconds into a synthetic resin and connects both parts very strongly. When glueing at low humidity, curing time can be shortened by briefly breathing onto one of the parts to be assembled. The best glueing results are reached at room temperature. Basic reacting surfaces accelerate the hardening of the glue, sour reacting surfaces (e.g. wood, ceramics, porcelain, leather) slow it down.
- After use, clean nozzle with a dry tissue and close the tube by replacing the cap.
- If the skin becomes stuck, soak for as long as possible in warm soapy water and prise apart carefully without using force; moisturise the skin afterwards.
- A further possibility is to rub the fingers in warm water and push a paperclip or piece of wire between them. After some time the fingers can be separated. The affected areas may also be treated immediately with acetone or nail polish remover. As organic solvents also remove grease, we recommend applying hand cream afterwards. Should any specks of adhesive remain, these can be rubbed away using a pumice stone. In the event of the product being sprayed into the eyes or mouth, the eyes or mouth must be kept open and rinsed with plenty of water. If necessary, seek medical advice.
- Because of the particular fumes developed by cyanoacrylate adhesives, it is advisable to ventilate the premises well when using relatively large quantities.
Points of attention
- Attention: Super Glue contains cyanoacrylate. Dangerous: Bonds skin and eyes in seconds. Keep out of the reach of children. May cause respiratory irritation. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Avoid breathing vapours. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Wipe off excess glue immediately with a dry cloth. After curing, glue residue is very difficult to remove. Acetone will dissolve glue but very slowly (check for suitability).
Store in a dry, cool, frost-free place. Storage below +5°C (in refrigerator) ensures maximum shelf life.