Children love rhymes and they love ice cream. A word game in which the playing cards are designed like an ice lolly with a stick grabs the interest of the children straightaway and makes them want to play. This type of playing card is easy for the children to grip and several can be held easily in one hand. The creation of the game involves rhymes, word pairs such as 'house-mouse', which encourage language elements in a playful manner.
- Make a card game in a group
- Develop fine motor skills in making the game
- Expand vocabulary by making word pairs
- Game actions as complex language learning situations, also vocabulary expansion
- Social learning through playing cards in a group
Material and resources
- Coloured paper, e.g. in orange
- Left-over if required
- Sketch block
- Photo card or thin grey cardboard for templates
31 wooden mouth spatula, 150 x 18 mm (from 0.01 €/unit)
- Wooden coloured pencils, pencil
UHU MULTI PURPOSE ADHESIVE TWIST & GLUE RENATURE
- Bottle made from 88% renewable raw materials
- Unique rotating glueing head for point, line and surface bonding
- Soft, handy bottle, refillable
- Solvent-free, dermatologically tested
- Washable at 40°C
- Sticks cardboard, paper, felt, leather, cork, cloth and wood to each other and to metal, porcelain, glass, styrofoam and many plastics. Not suitable for photos, PE, PP.
- Clean adhesive services well (dry, free of dusts and grease). Thinly apply adhesive on one side, press - finished.
UHU stic ReNATURE
- Container made from 58% renewable raw materials
- Saves fossil resources, reduces CO2 emissions and is 100% recyclable
- Screw cap protects against drying out
- Adhesive mastic up to 98% from natural ingredients
- Adheres quickly, strongly and permanently
- Easily applicable
- Can be washed cold
- Print out the templates in the appendix in original size and cut out the outlines. Transfer the contour to the grey paper and cut out the cardboard templates. It is best to make multiple copies.
- Cut 13 cm wide coloured paper strips in orange.
For one playing card, place both templates onto the orange paper strips with the straight edge flush. Trace the outer contour. For the first template, trace the inner contour too.
Only cut out the outlines of the two shapes.
Stick a wooden spatula with UHU Multi Purpose Twist & Glue reNATURE without solvent onto the marked surface of the first lolly, press down firmly. Stick on the second lolly so it is level.
Collect word pairs: can-man; mouse-house; course-horse; tank-bank; cat-mat; rose-hose; hare-mare; fish-dish; book-hook; bed-head; sun-ton; cat-mat; dog-cog
The children draw and paint the patterns in partner work and stick them to the playing cards with UHU Stic ReNATURE.
Stick a lolly onto a crafted shoe box or a gift box.